Attached is a copy of the new Barnardos National Parent Support Service Response to Covid-19 Pandemic
Barnardos National Parenting Support Service
This service will be staffed by Barnardos project workers who are trained professionals in the areas family support and social care.
Through the dedicated telephone and email support service Barnardos staff can provide support and advice to parents on the following issues:
• How to talk to your children about the corona virus
• Setting a good routine
• Managing children’s behaviours and sibling dynamics
• Managing aggression and family discord
• Home schooling/managing school expectations.
• Fostering natural learning opportunities in the home
• Healthy eating
• Accessing fun and educational activities for families and individual children
• Managing your child’s worries
• Self-care for parents
• Helping parents manage their own worries and anxieties
• Managing children’s online activity
Barnardos also provides specialist services and support in relation to bereavement, adoption and fostering.
You can make contact with this service by phoning 1800 910 123 between 10.00am and 2.00pm Monday to Friday or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.